ML2S Header

ML2S Header

McCalls 6018


Pattern Description: Girls Sundress, lined, princess seams and shoulder straps, pleated skirt and back zipper and tulle ruffle on lining. Sizes 3 - 5

Pattern Sizing: S5

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, very much so!  The pattern required a broadcloth and I used a crinkly cotton blend.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very much so!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I enjoyed this pattern very much, it allowed me to practice my new skills in stages without becoming over whelmed.

Fabric Used: I used a cotton and yarn blend, however the pattern required a broadcloth, Taffeta or Linen.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: No major alterations.  I cut out a size 4 for the bodice and size 5 for the skirt section.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes I will sew this again, maybe a smaller size, but lovey pattern indeed. This pattern is great for all levels...Fun Sew!





Conclusion: I enjoyed sewing this for my DD.  This a lovely summer party dress! An I'm still in love with sewing!

Happy Sewing

1 comment:

Cathy (cdc) said...

I am sewing this very dress right now. It is super cute. I do hope the fit turns out well. Your version looks super cute and quite comfortable. Mine is turning out a bit heavier than I thought it would. This is my first ever dress though and I am loving learning so much while doing it.