ML2S Header

ML2S Header

McCall's 4817


Pattern Description: Flared dress, below mid-knee, has fitted, self lined bodice with raised waist, front shoulder straps extended from bodice back and back zipper. 

Pattern Sizing: Sizes 2 - 5.  I cut size 5

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes very much so!

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were fairly easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I must say that this pattern indeed a learning lesson and it's purpose was worth it.  I covered things in this pattern that I must master over time.  At times I felt instructions were left unsaid in this pattern and I had to just figure it out.  The lining especially.

Fabric Used: Cotton

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Not really I just cut off a couple inches of the flare from the 3rd tier

 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  This is a fairly quick sew!  I encountered alot of techniques that I had to really get a grip on in order for this garment to be wearable.  For example even gathering, following the nap and the bodice lining I had to deal with. 
 




Conclusion I enjoyed sewing this garment.  It was for her birthday and she loved it.  I will sew it again for the smaller one for the summer.  For the Advanced Beginner and above you can whip this up in a flash, quick weeknight sewing and  a nice addition to your DD summer wardrobe.

Happy Sewing!

No comments: